Monday, August 16, 2010

GIFT SHOW!!!!

I went to the Gift Show at the Javits Center in NYC today and was glad to see it was pretty busy. For those who don't know what the Gift Show is, it is a trade show for retail store buyers and designers where they can check out new and exciting products of all sorts and purchase them in quantity for a wholesale price. I visited some of the usual booths as well as checked out some new ones. Here are a few of the great things I found...

An entire new section opened up called "Baby and Child". Of course I needed to see this since I not only design rooms for kids, but also am a new mom to a soon to be 5 month old. The theme was organic and non-toxic products for babies and kids. One of the companies that caught my eye was Apple Park out of San Francisco Bay. They have created a plush line of eco-friendly toys for babies inspired by nature. In addition to the toys they have some incredibly plush and soft organic blankets as well. Yum!


Another interesting product in this section was these magnetic wooden building blocks from Tegu. They are stored in either a unique felt pocket pouch or a handy travel tote. The blocks caught my eye immediately since they looked like something I would want to play with as well! Created from responsibly-harvested hardwoods and safe waterbased finishes, the blocks are great for inspiring creative minds in a safe and non-toxic way.


In the textiles and bedding area I fell in love with John Robshaws lines as usual. Rich and exotic patterns adorn luxurious fabrics used for bedding, pillows, ottomans and more!


Chakla Patched Flowers Pillow - 20" x 20" Retail Price $300.00

Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the new Glam Naturale line from Triple C Designs coming out in Fall 2010. (Not up on their website yet, but coming soon). These great products made here in Brooklyn are absolutely adorable! I love the owls on their wallets, bags and even jewelry. The products have a great tactile quality to them and are just plain fun!

All in all the Gift Show this year was a success! For more about the Gift Show and a list of the exhibitors and where to purchase from, check out http://www.nyigf.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment